The Navarre Seed Network is an association interested in maintaining agricultural biodiversity and traditional knowledge in its area as the basis for agro-ecological management of market gardens. They work to promote the use, exchange, reseeding and conservation of traditional varieties by farmers and consumers. They oppose transgenics, patents and the misappropriation of popular agrarian knowledge.
Their work is structured as follows:
- They look for traditional varieties (mainly horticultural and fruit trees) in addition to the popular knowledge associated with their management.
- They conserve local varieties and varieties adapted to the area or species of interest in their market gardens.
- Promote the creation of networks of people who cultivate and conserve local varieties.
- Dynamize the seed exchange network.
- They demand the right of farmers to continue using, maintaining and generating agricultural biodiversity.
- They make known the importance of keeping seeds in the hands of farmers.
- Creating networks
- Social movement, social organisation
- Peasant movement, Peasant organisation