Seeds are small memory vessels. They contain the story of our biocultural memory and working with them we can recover a part of this forgotten history.
Seeds, by definition, have the potential to generate a new living beings, but seeds also have the capacity to generate processes of social transformation based on agriculture and food.
A small seed is nothing more than an old story that hopes to awaken in the new scenario that we recreate day by day.
The Aleka Association is an initiative that aims to generate an alternative to the current seed market that imposes uniformity and genetic and cultural erosion in our agriculture. To build this alternative, from Aleka,
- We promote the biodiversity cultivated in our territory through the marketing of seeds of different varieties specifically adapted to our agricultural and cultural conditions.
- We offer amateurs and professionals seeds produced by hand from small agro-ecological farms in the Basque Country through a network of baserritarras.
- We bet for direct trade of local products that establishes new links and trust relationships between seed producers and the agrarian and amateur sector of our land.
- We seek to generate Food Sovereignty from agroecology, based on the local production of seeds for nearby customers.
- Familiarising and reflecting
- Creating networks
- Peasant movement, Peasant organisation