In Ondarru, the women's house has been a long-standing demand of women's associations. “A proper space to build a feminist proposal" has been the demand of the feminist movement. "The women's house has to be an open and dynamic space, a place for the women of the village, a place to create empathy, to learn and receive information, a space to create empowerment networks and a place to promote equality, freedom, participation and the presence of women.
The objective of Etxelila (Casa Lila) is to be a place of union of women, to debate and reflect and, at the same time, to be a place of reference for men and women who fight for equality.
Etxelila areas of activity
- Promote the participation of women in all spheres of life, from individual empowerment to collective empowerment.
- Promote strategic activities to achieve social and feminist change.
- Promote joint work between different women and groups.
- Work to improve women's living conditions and their place in society.
- Preparation, awareness-raising and information, from the point of view of equality.
- Creating research and innovation in the field of equality.
- Familiarising and reflecting
- Local institution
- Feminist or all female collective