The Urola Garaia Women*'s House, like most women's houses, was requested by the feminist movement. In 2012, the Urola Garaia Women's Empowerment School was launched and this was the first step towards establishing the Women*'s House. Afterwards, the second Equality Plan also highlighted the need to create a women's house, which finally opened in 2019.
The Women*'s House has several objectives, among them, to promote reflection and collective discussion, to create meeting places for diverse women, to encourage the participation of women in situations of exclusion, to make individual and collective empowerment possible and to be a reference in the field of equality.
Spheres of activity
- Governance for equality
- Women*'s empowerment and socio-political participation, the women*'s house as its own living space and empowerment school for women's autonomy.
- Responsible social organisation
- Promote lives without male violence in the region
What areas are we working in?
- Women's participation and empowerment
- Visibility of women
- Networking and alliances
Last updated: June 2019
- Creating networks
- Local institution
- Feminist or all female collective